What we do
We ensure that Victorian Government clients and staff have easy access to the information resources needed to do the work for government:
- through the collections of licensed electronic resources
- the Whole of Victorian Government library collection
- a team of information professionals
- research assistance and extensive information skills program
- access to a global network of libraries and suppliers.
We have resources covering the following subject areas:
- Economics and Finance
- Health and Human Services
- Transport, Roads and Infrastructure
- Governance and Risk
- Public Administration and Business
- Science and Technology
Access to information
Our clients have access to:
- print and online resources, including books, e-books, journals and reports not available elsewhere
- specialised databases containing subject specific journals, media, legal resources, standards and conference papers.
Research support and training
Our librarians can help the clients:
- develop search strategies to find authoritative information
- use search tools and techniques
- improve research skills
- manage research results.
We negotiate on behalf of our clients providing cost effective electronic resources across government through centralised purchasing.
We allocate ISBN and ISSN numbers for Victorian Government publications, ensuring compliance with legal deposit requirements.
We offer customised alerts informing our clients about latest subject specific information.
Online access to library
Our clients can access the Library gateway via their department or agency intranet or via the below:
If you are a registered client and need some additional information how to use the library, please see FAQs below.
For Victorian Government clients only
Call: 1800 742 733, Option 2
View rare non-lendable items by appointments only:
Victorian Government Library Service
Knowledge Resource Centre
607 Sneydes Road
Werribee VIC 3030
Opening hours: 10am to 4pm (Mon–Fri).
Reviewed 08 August 2019