The Victorian Government Library Service provides information sessions on what resources are available for you and how to use the catalogue search.
Please choose the session that you are interested in and the date and make your booking.
Program 1 - Introduction to online library services
An introduction to VGLS services and resources. This session will involve an overview of the Gateway - learn how to navigate the site, use the catalogue and access resources.
Program 2 - Information discovery
This session will cover the literature search workflow, discover techniques to assist you when preparing to search, perform the search and find authoritative resources available through the VGLS.
Program 3 - Legal research - Legislation
This session will show you how to:
- search and find Victorian legislation
- locate historical and point-in-time legislation
- identify key legislation resources
Program 4 - Legal research - Case law
This session will enable you to:
- locate a case with a citation or party name
- find case law on a particular topic, act or section of the act
- identify and locate the authorised version of a case
- find judicial consideration of cases, words and phrases
Program 5 - Getting started with Lexis Advance
Join the Victorian Government Library Service and Lexis in November to discover this important legal resource.
Learn how to navigate the database and uncover features such as Practical Guidance, CaseBase, alerting, folders, search histories, news monitoring and more.
VGLS can tailor targeted training sessions for groups when required.
If you need a customised training session, you can request them via the Training request form on your library gateway.
Reviewed 11 November 2019