With the reopening of the Victorian Government’s Suburban Hubs from 28 February 2022, Victorian Public Servants (VPS) can now apply to work from any of the five Hubs located at Footscray, Mulgrave, Williams Landing, Dandenong and Essendon Field.
Once you've completed your Expression of Interest (EOI), you'll be able to book a desk or meeting room (or both) immediately through the booking system.
SSP staff are providing operational support to VPS Hub users including desk booking, access, set up, and induction. There are no more mask mandates or capacity requirements.
Why work from a Suburban Hub? Here are just a few of the many reasons
- It's a great option for your flexible working arrangements, as we make the transition to flexible and hybrid ways of working.
- Hubs are included in the three-day default guidance note to support employees and employers in line with the flexible work and VPS enterprise agreement.
- It’s a great opportunity to reconnect in person, work with your team in person and network with others VPS employees.
- Friendly onsite supports are available to help you get connected and set up at the Hub – particularly if it’s your first time - and will continue to answer any queries and provide support throughout the day.
- The Hubs are modern office spaces that provide workstations with dual screens, some sit-to-stand desks, meeting rooms, breakout spaces, lockers, bike storage and modern kitchens.
Since the Hubs have reopened, we have already received some excellent feedback.
“The facilities and monitors are modern and there is plenty of light in work areas” - DTF – Footscray
“I received a warm welcome from the onsite supports. Most desks have dual monitors. The Hub also has adequate meeting rooms, a nice kitchen, and a chillout Zone!” – DELWP – Williams Landing
For more information about the Suburban hubs, including videos and fact sheets, please visit: https://www.ssp.vic.gov.au/suburban-hubs
f you are registered with the Innovations network, use this link to see more information about each Suburban .
For further information about this initiative, please contact DPC Suburban Hubs Program Lead, Jody Culey at: firstname.lastname@example.org or the SSP Comms team at email@example.com
Reviewed 05 April 2022